Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Hi!

Pin It
oh my goodness... it's that time of year! (planting season for those who might be new around here -- the number or hours my hubs worked last month is equal to the number of days in the year if that gives some perspective...)

I didn't get my "just three" post up for the month! Do you all want to keep going with "Just three?"  My linky subscription expired, and they re-charged me, but I wasn't sure if I should ask for a refund, or keep going, or what... I have a few other ideas I want to start.  So hmmm...give me feedback!  If there are people who want to keep going, just let me know.  I kind of liked writing up a short list of goals for the month. :)

Anyway.  Hubs and kiddos are sleeping, and I wanted to say hello before I turn in myself. :)

I turned 34 yesterday.  It was a pretty normal day mostly... though it is the first birthday in five years I haven't been either pregnant or nursing a baby, so I suppose that's a little strange.  I think that realization made me a little sappier and more sentimental than usual (as if I'm not already those things in spades)... I do love those little people...

I'm also leaving for Quilt Market in a week and a day!

I hired Kelly to make me a cool handmade market bag, because sadly, I don't think I will have time.  Poor girl, you should have heard me trying to tell her what I wanted.  It was a bunch of indecisive nonsense that ended in "Just make me something that's pretty big, but not huge and have fun with it!"  I trust her. :)

Hmmm... I'll close these ramblings with a little round-up list:

1 - Need to get binding on this custom order.
needs binding


2 - This is the Version B quilt top of a pattern I'm working on... I'm calling it "Starcrossed," and it is figured up with two different block sizes and lots of bed sizes... I just wanted to combine two of my favorite quilty motifs -- the sawtooth star and Irish chain.  The smaller stars version is done, and I need to quilt this one.

Starcrossed version 2

3 - My children get the priority of happy and sanity.  So I change their clothes at least twice/day so they can play in the mud and hoses.  And laugh a lot.  It's been good for all of us.

Run Steiger Run!
run Steiger run!

Squirting Big Brother is FUN!

squirting big brother with a hose is SO fun!

Good thing he's so strong and can take it. ♥

He can take it

He is the best big brother... seriously...

on a little walk
_____________________
P.S. The sale on patterns is still going on! 20% off with code "SpringMarket"

Holler at me if you're going to Market so I can meet you!

11 comments:

Dana Gaffney said...

Happy Birthday Tracey! I think we got the presents though, that picture Scarlet spraying the hose, the look on her face is priceless and I love the last one, it's wonderful. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!
love the star quilt

Melissa Corry said...

Your wee ones are just adorable!!! Happy Birthday. And I will totally be watching for you at marekt :)

Katy Cameron said...

Love the idea of star-crossed! Have fun at Market :o)

mennikelly said...

Hope you had a wonderful birthday. I hadn't joined Just Three before but actually had planned to do so this month. I did like writing up the goals for this month but I'm also curious what your other ideas are. Have a wonderful time at Market.

Cindy said...

Happy birthday. Ditto on the have fun at market comments! I get to go this year for the first time and am looking forward to it. I'm with the Pink Chalk Studio team!

Arantxa said...

Happy Birthday Tracey! Your kids are so beautiful and the little girl it's not so little! It's a long time since I don't visit the blogs ...very busy at home with my two little kids, I suppose you know what I'm talking about ;-)

Best wishes.

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday! I could go either way with Just Three...I love the set up and it is just the right amount of goals. However, since it doesn't get posted at the beginning of the month I sometimes thinking about not linking up.

alidiza said...

Happy Birthday!!! I'll miss just 3, it was so good at keeping me on track but I understand the need to mix things up:-) Have a fabulous time at market!!!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Tracey! I love the star crossed quilt! Very traditional yet modern. It suits my tastes. I'll bite, and say for your 35th birthday you may be pregnant or, if you're quick, feeding again! We are busy seeding (what you call planting) here in South Australia now too. My Dad and brother have a farm where they crop about 3,500 acres with barley, wheat, canola and peas, mostly barley and wheat. They also have sheep. I know my sister in law and nieces haven't seen my brother for more than an hour of daylight in the past two weeks. They have about another month to go to, but we really need some substantial rain too. An ongoing problem down here!

Cat said...

oh me oh my your kids are as always gorgeous Tracey xxx
I think of you often

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails