Here is "I dance in circles."
The full tutorial will be posted in the Moda Bake Shop on November 8.
And here is how "I dance in circles" came to be.
Back in April, the lovely Jacquie posted a link to this video. I had recently completed a wonky nine-patch, and wondered if the techniques of making that block could be combined with the gem in the video to make curves. Because I love curves.
So I gave it a whirl that day, and made this:
The geniuses in Moda's sample department sent me Grunge solids.
What I love about this quilt:
- It has a lot of freedom in making the blocks
- The interplay of color
- The interplay of solid with print
- The interplay of scale with print with color
- Choosing the fabrics and cutting based on whatever I felt like at that moment
- Easy construction and piecing
- Steiger loves it.
- More glorious color
What I don't love about this quilt:
- I'm sure there was something, but I can't think of it at the moment.
Oh! I know! I don't love that my machine was having some MAJOR tension issues while I was trying to free motion stipple it.
But all turned out well in the end. And I might be getting a new sewing machine based on the fact that my husband sat next to me while I was battling said tension problems.
Go check out all the other Quilt Festival Quilts at Amy's!
(I'm just hoping I get to go to Market next Spring!... there's a good chance!) :)