Saturday, June 26, 2010

Handmade gifts

Pin It S and I went to a friend's wedding this weekend.  Another friend also lives there.

I made a wedding gift.  A pillow.
She wanted creams, ivories, and chocolate brown.  I figured diamonds were appropriate, beings that it was a wedding and all.
(You saw me trying different ideas here.)

And a little wall quilt (that I started forever ago and will now deliver in person.)


Plume reminded me of her.  I hope she likes it, and that it brightens up her windowless office.  (The neutral is Kona Stone)

(And the back next to the plant that inspired some of that color)



two handmade gifts for two friends.  



This is why I love quilting. 

I may buy too much fabric, but I'll never have to buy another gift from a registry again if I don't want to.



17 comments:

Marcia said...

The pillow is lovely. Very classy looking.

AllieKatMom said...

I love both of them, but that pillow turned out great!

Luv 2 Kreate said...

They are both fantastic! Especially love that pillow!

Me and Ma said...

Two beautiful gifts tracey, I am sure that they will be treasured :)

Fuschia said...

I really like the pillow. Have you ever seen Peniel Pillows? Perhaps an idea for you...hmmm.

Guess what I'm going to do this afternoon...go ahead guess. No, not quilt. Browse a NEW quilt shop in town...all. by. myself. WOOHOO!!

XUE said...

Getting presents is great but handmade ones are even better especially great looking handmade one like these! Happy summer!

Amy said...

Cute! Good way to use up your fabric and a great gift idea. I especially like the chocolate and cream pillow.

Sara said...

Heck ya! Agree totally with you on the whole not buying a gift from the registry and just going with something handmade! What fabric line did you use for the quilt---really Pretty?

Jenn said...

The pillow turned out great! really classy looking.

Sarah Craig said...

I love giving handmade gifts - it's just so much more personal! Yours are beautiful!!

Rafael's Mum said...

Love the pillow! Glad you went with the diamond!

Katie B said...

Beautiful gifts!

Diane said...

Sweet gifts that I am sure will be loved.

Julie said...

Lovely presents, I'm sure they will be much appreciated. I love being able to make something rather than buying from a list or wandering aimlessly around a shop until spotting something looks like it will be good. Juliex

Jeannie said...

There is nothing better than a gift made by a friend! those are beautiful.

Erin said...

I can say with authority that the quilt was loved :) Thank you, Tracey! And instead of hanging it, I've been using it for pretend picnics. You'll have to explain that part to your readers...

Safdar Ali said...

looking so cute. one of the beautiful handmade gifts.

Send gifts to Pakistan from Australia
Send gifts to Pakistan from Australia
Send gifts to Pakistan from Australia

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails