Wednesday, April 7, 2010

a quilt for Steiger's birthday buddy

Pin It
Living out where we do, when Jay is working twelve to fifteen hour days, can get pretty lonely.  As a result, I've connected with some friends via the internet.

I have a group of moms I chat with; all our babes were born in the same month.  We decided to do a little birthday exchange, and Lainey was Steiger's partner.

I mentioned it back here, and now, it's all done!  I can't wait to see pictures of Lainey and her quilt, but here are some I shot before I mailed it away Monday.



It's a simple nine-patch, done in Aviary by 3 Sisters, for Moda.  The solid is Moda Bella fig-tree cream.
I quilted it using simple straight lines, at a 45 degree angle.

I think she's going to LOVE it.


The back is solid, and very simple, so I decided to add a little personal touch.  They call her "Lainey-bug."



The only trouble is that I didn't decide to add the lady-bug until after it had been basted, and quilting had commenced.  Because I wanted to make sure it was secure, I stitched around it, quilting one random circle on  to the front.  I hope she doesn't mind... I figured her mama would think it was worth it, to get the lady-bug on there good and stuck!



There's not a lot of contrast, but the soft florals suit her perfectly, I think.


Meanwhile, I've been cleaning and re-organizing the house.  After all this time, Steiger finally decided to like his car-seat.


One final word --

Jandi, over at Jandi in Stitches is having a Fruitcake Giveaway!

Go see!

I ♥ Fruitcake.  Like I told you about here.

4 comments:

Jandi said...

Thanks for blogging about my giveaway! Your quilt is amazing! Good luck!

Fuschia said...

That is beautiful. And Oh. My. Goodness. the lady bug!!! :-)

I love ladybugs for a spiritual reason: they eat aphids...in other words, they protect the harvest. Just thought I'd share.

Also, how do you quilt? Regular machine or long arm...I assume you quilt by machine not by hand...maybe not?

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! LOVE the ladybug addition :). love, Esther

The Byrd House said...

She will definetly love it! It's so Lainey. lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails