Monday, November 1, 2010

lions, and Steigers and ewoks...oh my!

Pin It I made Steiger his Halloween costume.

The idea came this summer, while we were camping at the coast and S was walking around in a berber-y (not to be confused with Burberry) sweat shirt.

"He looks like an ewok."

And the idea was born.

I got the pattern at JoAnn's for 99 cents... and started sewing my first clothing item in well over 15 years (and those were with the assistance of my faithful 4-H leader).

But it went well.  Apparently I can follow more than just a quilting pattern.

You saw the beginnings here... (when he was dancing around the house with glee).

I contemplated leaving him a bear.

little bear soon to be ewok

But found a really old and worn out shirt of Jay's to use as Wicket's hood.

Besides, he walked like an ewok anyway.

little wicket

I decided to make the hood removable... which turned out good and bad.

Good: 

Cute family photo

Happy Halloween!

and cute Steiger photos

little S

Bad:

Mommy was free to show Steiger it really wasn't so bad after all.

see S, it's not so bad

He did wear it for the big night thankfully.

my little ewok

In the end though... it was all about this house:

trick or treat!

and the sucker he found on the other side.

ewok with lolly

19 comments:

KarrieLyne said...

He is THE cutest Ewok ever! If he ever comes up missing, you can find him at my house. :)

Sarah Craig said...

Sweet, Tracey! I could just eat him up!!

♥Duff said...

Awesome job on the costume ☺ Steiger is such a cutiepatootie & the family photo needs to find its way into a frame!

Katrina said...

Very cute costume!!

pinksuedeshoe said...

Love these. Love. So so sweet, particularly for an Ewok :o)

AllieKatMom said...

So fricken adorable!! Love it!!

Ali said...

So so so cute. What a great idea.

Cat said...

sooooooo cute and lovely to see a family photo too xxx

Jorie said...

Great job on his costume!! I wanted to make Cullen a spider that I saw a pattern for, but I felt a little intimidated and passed it up. Now I wish I had tried it!

Julie said...

I love this. He is so cute and the photo of you all together is lovely. Having made such a good costume for him this year you'll have really high standards to live up to from now on! JUliex

Cherie said...

SO cute :) This is when my husband wishes we had a little boy! I think Star Wars is his favorite movie ever.

Karen said...

Steiger looks SO adorable in his costume. Great job! Love your family photo....priceless!

Karen

Anonymous said...

Oh I love Wicket!! He was the reason I watched Star Wars growing up! You did a great job on the costume and Steiger looks adorable!!

Rafael's Mum said...

Soooo cute !!! both as bear AND ewok!

Mama Pea said...

Very cute and very creative!

Kristen said...

Star Wars rules! Such a sweet costume!

Katie B said...

Just adorable, Tracey! I love the family photo too. Isn't it so much fun to see Halloween through the eyes of a little kid?

Pinky said...

Awwww!!! He's totally adorable! That family photo is terrific! definitely one to treasure...

Vesuviusmama said...

SO CUTE, but (now this is embarrassing), what is an EWOK? And don't tell my husband I asked you! I have serious gaps in my education because we didn't have TV growing up. Is this a TV or movie character? Are you going to block my comments now because I am clueless?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails