Monday, May 24, 2010

Crazy Hunky Dory

Pin It I'm a guest blogger today!  Yahoo!

A long time ago, Leah over at Burgundy Buttons, sent out a call to quilters to send in our designs.

I had to take her up on the offer (store credit is hard to pass up)... and here is my first little featurette.


Hope you enjoy. :)









This quilt is for sale if you love it and don't want to make your own.  

The binding is Nicey Jane.  I'm working on a tutorial for continuous bias binding (the only way I've been making binding lately)... in the mean time, you can use this one

An out-take. 

Every time... EVERY TIME... I put a quilt or fabric on the ground, Steiger crawls, (or walks now) over, gets on it, spins brodies, picks it up, turns it over, throws it around... whatever.  Maybe he has his mama's love of fabric???  (Shhhhh....don't tell his dad). ;)





(ignore the random duster/kettlebell/baby lotion/lego in the background...Leah did warn you I was crazy, after all)

7 comments:

ilovebabyquilts said...

I love it! I love that neutral peachy color. I can totally tell that this is one of those quilts that looks so much better in person, like you just have to crinkle it and look at in the sun to really appreciate it.

Luv 2 Kreate said...

Fabulous!
Love the color you chose as the background...can't blame the boy for wanting to manhandle that quilt!

Fuschia said...

How did you quilt this? I can't see the lines very well (I'm old, ya know!); is it kind of a "wonky" cross hatching?

LOVE it!!!

Katie B said...

Hey! I saw this on Burgundy Buttons today, and I thought, "Oh, I read her blog!" But for some reason your posts haven't been coming up in my google reader, so I've been missing out! Hmm. I'm off to get caught up!

Jamie said...

Such a pretty palette of colors. I really like this one.

Arantxa said...

Wow!!! I love this design, these colors, precious quilt!!!Kisses.

Wandering Awry said...

I love your photos, especially the ones with tractors and such in them! You definitely are a farmer's wife/daughter! Heheheh.

Steiger is adorable as ever! I would roll around in your quilts too if I could! Smart baby.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails