Wednesday, January 27, 2010

WIP (work in progress) Wednesday - Redecorating

Pin It
After much mental debate, and trying my own quilting with minky on my machine, and having it go terribly wrong (the bobbin thread wasn't right), I decided to hire a long-arm for Steiger's quilt. But I couldn't go back to the people who don't know green. Good news! I found Natalia from piece'n quilt. Her work is SO cute (I really want to make this quilt for my sister-in-law), she's reasonably priced, and is a WAHM (work-at-home-mom). So, after I piece the back (I'm still wondering whether or not to go with minky), I will mail it off to her!

To help finish Steiger's room though, I've started on some little wall decorations. I bought this pattern by Tula Pink at Christmastime, for my Blush Fat-quarter bundle. But I wanted to try it out first. It has curved piecing and template cutting, which are a bituva challenge, but with a lot of pins, it's turning out well. This will be on Steiger's wall soon, along with some other ones.

I titled my WIP Wednesday for today "Redecorating." The truth should read "Decorating for the first time even though you've lived in your house for over 3 years." Let's face it; I don't have my mom's skill apparently. But I'm working on it. Our couch needs a quilt and pillows. I'm using Rouenneries by French General and this pattern. It's half-way finished!





In other news, I finished Julie's mini quilts. She wanted orange, so I used all the orange I had (not much), added a couple other prints, and made this completely improv "9-patch." It is sashed in Chocolate Kona Crush, and the binding is a mix of my orangey prints, including one of the vines with red leaves, giving me the *red* in the binding.

I saw a variation of this quilting somewhere in Jacquie from tallgrassprairie.blogspot.com's photostream and decided to try it out. It was my first time using my darning foot, and first free-motion quilting. It went all right. Using a dark sashing certainly complicates thread choice.

This is my favorite block
And this is the back.

Oh, and the car is back, but the "check engine soon" light came back on. It goes back to the shop tomorrow... That was one expensive bunny.

So long from my little crawler/climber!

8 comments:

Katie B said...

Oh, I'm drooling over your Rouenneries quilt! Gorgeous.

I think you made a good call on Steiger's quilt. Seems like that minky could cause all sorts of problems.

Anonymous said...

Love - love - love the brown and orange quilt. That is so me!

You are making the cutest things!!

Love ya,
Sharon

Anonymous said...

By the way...if I am the SIL you have in mind for the snowman quilt - I would commission it myself! SO CUTE!
Sharon

Tracey Jacobsen said...

Sharon -- who else would I be thinking of!?!

Natalia from Piece N Quilt said...

Thanks for linking Tracey! I love seeing all of your cute projects! :)

Cathy said...

You are so talented, Tracey! Do you have an Etsy account yet?

Liz said...

Hehehe Steiger is playing Wii Fit eh? Tell him he doesn't need to lose any weight he looks amazing.

You are getting a lot done!!! I love the wall hanging!

Unknown said...

Tracey hope this isn't too weird but I am trying to gather ideas on a redskins quilt for my husband (as much as its going to kill me to do so :)) I did a google search and wound up on your blog. What you do is amazing and your redskins quilt is the most unique I have seen. I want to head somewhat in your direction. Any possible way I could see what you did on the back side? If you wouldn't mind sharing some more pics that would be fantastic. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails