Monday, July 26, 2010

Improv(e) your Butt!

Pin It I've been meaning to make a health related post lately, and Jacquie has again given me some motivation.

Go to her site to read about it, but I'm joining in.  :)

Improv(E) Your Butt Button

I've mentioned before that I was on a diet.  Trouble is, I took a vacation from it.  (shoot).

I have used this book in the past to lose weight, and it was time to get it out again. 

I'm on Day 3 of the skills (premise of the book is to use CBT, cognitive behavioral therapy, to train you how to diet); Day 3's task is to eat everything sitting down.  This is no small thing for me; I'm slightly rebelling against it actually... that and when do moms of almost 16 month olds ever sit down to eat?

Fortunately, Mrs. Judith Beck anticipates this rebellion with her "Do it anyway" skill.

Yes -- I don't feel like it, but I tell myself, "Do it anyway."

Here's hoping it works.

I'm taking a firm step out of denial (little S is almost 16 months old--at some point you just have to accept that the weight isn't just 'going away'), and being a part of Jacquie's team is going to help.
That and writing down all my points.  (I started counting as soon as we got home from vacation, and I'm almost back to where I started.)  I do not want to look like I'm carrying $2000 of $1 bills in an imaginary waist-belt anymore.

Oh, I'm already 3.5 miles in (I count 10 minutes on the elliptical as 1 mile, and then S and I walked to Grandma's house this morning).  Logging activity here.

In similar, yet totally different news -- my chubby star tutorial will be up tomorrow.

4 comments:

Luv 2 Kreate said...

Can't wait to see the tutorial!

I joined the challenge today, I walked to the mailbox around the corner so far today. it is thundering and lightning outside so no outside activity for me :(

Maybe I can jog in place for 10 minutes or something.

Natalia from Piece N Quilt said...

Your chubby stairs are darling! I can't wait for the tutorial.

I totally get the weight loss issue! It's so hard after having a baby! :(

Sarah Craig said...

Hey, girl, I'm 26 years into denial! You'd think that chasing my granddaughter around would help me lose weight, but no-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o!

Poppyprint said...

good luck Tracey!!! I love your blocks, too, they look so pretty hanging there...guess you made a decision on your xmas quilt!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails