Sunday, September 18, 2011

an impulse project for baby

Pin It I'm the appointment queen these days...

And because two of my appointments are a block or two away from my local quilt shop, I stopped in and bought a little kit for this blanket.

a little Heirloom

I had a crush on this Joel Dewberry Heirloom voile, and when I saw it combined with an oh so soft, low-pile creamy colored linen, I bought it.

voile and velvet for baby

Basted the next day, quilted it with an all-over meander last night, and got the binding on this morning.

a little Heirloom

If you'll notice the rice behind my husband is turning golden... almost harvest time, maybe this week...
If you ask my son when this baby's coming, he'll tell you at "harvester time."

On Tuesday, UPS is set to deliver the backing fabric for this quilt... hopefully I'll manage to finish it!

9 comments:

Katie B said...

Ooh, lucky baby!

Cille said...

It's great with fast projects. especially as if feels you're running out of time. It's getting close. How exiting :)

I have a soft spot for the Heirloom line as well. Have 11 fat quarters just waiting for the right project. But I have a hard time deciding what to use it for it because I want it to be a special project. It's just such a lovely line.

Angela said...

My contractions with Caitlyn started literally the minute that I put the last stitch in the binding on her quilt. Sometimes babies just know when you are ready. ;) Although I wouldn't have minded getting some sleep!

John'aLee said...

Nothing like a fast project! They are the best!

Sarah Craig said...

What a beautiful little quilt, Tracey! I love it! Now for the baby to go on it....

Julie said...

Its lovely Tracey, what a lucky baby. I can't wait to hear what colour quilt the baby needs - I think the boy and girl quilts are just stunning. I guess you

Unknown said...

Sweet quilt. I love that print. Best of luck!

Jamie said...

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE BIRTH OF YOUR BABY!!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU TRACEY!

Lynne (Lily's Quilts) said...

congrats congrats congrats! XXX

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails