Sunday, May 1, 2011

make mine modern swap

Pin It Hang out on flickr long enough, and you get sucked in... it's pretty impossible not to. :)

Ali was my partner for this round of Make Mine Modern.

I made her a little bag,

MMM bag

And a pillow cover (since she loved one I had made in a previous round),

"big items" for MMM swap

(And Ali took this picture of it all stuffed and pillowy)

MMM received! Rob Peter to Pay Paul Awesome pillow

Then I added in my fabric, a hera marker, some cute pins and some Aurifil thread (my favorite).

Package complete.

MMM package sent

Even though I was completing this package simultaneously with the first trimester, and it was mailed 2 days late -- it was really fun to have a partner I "knew!"  (first time in all my swaps)

-----------------

The package I received came all the way from India!  Shruti sent me these lovely pillow covers, a fabric belt I intend to wear above my tummy, and a cute little fabric bookshelf for Steiger. :)

MMM package

------------------

I've lately been plotting for my Goodie Bag Swap bag.  After I made the bag above, I decided I kind of like making them.  A few books later... and I'm on my way.

This was the inspiration I gave my secret partner.

Goodie bag swap inspiration

*Click on photo to see all the links for those lovely bags.

I'm telling you all here though -- no more swaps for me for a few months! :)

6 comments:

Manda said...

Love the package you created. Your partner is lucky!

EJ said...

Did you use a pattern for the purse? SO cute! I love the pillow too.

Katie B said...

Lucky Ali! I love that bag.

Poppyprint said...

Well done, Tracey. I'd say it is time for a little swappy break!!! You're such a wonderful swap partner - so considerate and generous. I love all of the things you make!

Unknown said...

So cool. Your bag is super super cute! How cool that you got a package all the way from India and it had Steiger's name on it! So cool.

Gigi's Thimble said...

Love the pillow. Sooo cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails