Wednesday, March 3, 2010

WIP Wednesday - quilting has commenced. :)

Pin It I can't show you a lot today, because I still want this quilt to be somewhatuva surprise. :)

But here are some sneak peeks of the quilting.

All I have to say, is it pays to be a little girl in my family.

I'm doing diagonal lines at a 60 degree angle.
I ordered some of these,
and I'm hand-quilting the applique section.


I am so proud of this quilt.

In other quilty news -

- I promised Jay that when I finish this quilt, I won't start any more until I make curtains, for which I already have (expensive) fabric.

- There's a craft/sewing expo in Sacramento at the end of the month; anyone want to join me?

- I have figured out that I need to take my binding with me in the car. That way, when Steiger falls asleep on the way home from swimming lessons, I can let him sleep and get almost an hour of sewing in. This is how I will get to hand-sewing my binding.

- I bought 12 yards of batting (warm & white) this weekend. I really need to get those curtains done!

- I finished the baby quilt for the little guy arriving today or any day soon. It has been sent to its new home.

2 comments:

Natalia from Piece N Quilt said...

Tracey, the applique on that quilt is darling! I love what you are doing and can't wait to see the finished quilt!

Wandering Awry said...

The quilts are amazing Tracey! I love the applique, you are so talented. Adrian is so happy to have some of your work too :D We'll cherish it forever.

PS, I want to see pictures of Steiger's swim lessons! Awesome! I wish they had something like that over here

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails