Monday, November 29, 2010

so grateful.

Pin It
Hello Gorgeous.



It's still not quite real to me that this is mine.

I had outgrown my old machine for the second time (the first time was a couple years ago), and was looking. 

But, as many of you know -- 19 month olds don't pay so well, so I wasn't sure when I would be able to get a new one. 

A few upcoming custom projects (that will be too big for my old machine to quilt) became the catalyst.

I had originally thought I would get the Juki TL-98Q, (and even got to borrow one for the weekend to quilt this little number from Debbie...yes, she let me borrow it... quilters are good people). :)

Even though I liked the machine, I wasn't in love.

Before I make any major purchases, I like to try to do my research, so I had my mom take S and I to Sacramento to try some more machines out.  

My friend Amy had told me about her babylock, and I had tried an Espire that I really liked at our local sewing machine shop.  The girl at the place in Sacramento was great, and gave me what felt like a really good deal (almost the same as I would have paid for the floor model Espire at our local store).

My mom said, "Box it up."

My mouth dropped.  

I coughed and sputtered and got that giddy, clenchy chest feeling.

It's my birthday and Christmas gift for the next 10 years, or for as long as it takes me to to make and sell custom quilts until it's paid off. 
I said it before, but it is the closest I think I will ever come to that wedding dress shopping feeling again.

Thank you Mom.
All tucked in to my sewing space. :)
I have already finished one quilt on it that I delivered to my mother-in-law as an early Christmas gift (you can see it in progress in the picture above (Shirley -- if you're reading this, I'm going to have to get pictures of that soon, or you can send me some if you'd like...I was in a rush after I finished it Saturday morning). :)



The extension table is great.  So much better for quilting.

Overall -- I am one grateful girl.

Jay having time off + Healthy family + New sewing machine + time with a friend + 2 finished projects + pie + Grandparents who babysit + Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, & Ron Weasley = Perfect Thanksgiving week.


P.S. I'll be selling my old machine if you're interested -- it's actually the "Heart Truth" version pictured here, but the same in everything except color to the Janome DC2010 -- it's a great machine for everything except free motion quilting on big quilts -- I'll be a little sad to send her away)

26 comments:

AllieKatMom said...

EEEEeeeeeEEEeeeeeEEEK!!

That is one pretty baby! Let me tell you! I just want to pet her!! She looks great in your sewing area!

I swear by this machine! Let me know if you have any issues. Mine has been wonderful!!

Brenda said...

I might be interested if the price is right but I'm guessing shipping to NH would be a killer. To bad.

Katie B said...

Good for you, Tracey! I think you and your new friend will be very happy together :)

Regina said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! You deserve it and you'll put it to good use.

I might be interested in your old machine too. It depends on the price because I'll have to convince DH to let me have it. He knows I'd like another machine.

Danae said...

So exciting! And funny, I was trying this machine out just last Tuesday as well and loved it. Let me know how you like it as it is still on my list of potential options.

Enjoy!

Diane said...

This looks great... does it have dual feed? That is my new hot spot since I seem to have my walking foot on 24/7 these days.

Congrats and heres to many new quilts to come!

Melissa Corry said...

Yippee Skippee for you!! Congrats on your new "baby"lock. She is a beauty :)

verykerryberry said...

That looks big and very beautiful especially with the table on it, loads of room!

Poppyprint said...

Congratulations!!! I think you with both have a long and happy life together. And, just because I need to know these things, is that a kona ash paint color on the wall in your sewing space?

Corrie said...

lovely! I have the brother qc-1000 and it looks very similar! I love it but I was looking at a juki just for my quilting but you've got me thinking I'll hold onto my brother!

corrie:)

Jamie said...

I bet your mama is all kinds of proud of you!

Unknown said...

Wow! What a great mom!

Mandy said...

Not going to lie...I'm drooling over this. I know you'll make some great stuff with it!

Sarah Craig said...

Woohoo!! Lucky girl!!! And she looks so pretty in your sewing room.....

Kendra said...

woohoo! What an AWESOME early Christmas present! :)

KarrieLyne said...

wow wow wow wow wow wow!! What an awesome gift!!! I know you will love her forever!! :)

Mama Pea said...

Moms are so awesome, aren't they?! I love it. So much fun! My mom gave me her Viking Designer I for machine embroidery when she wasn't using it anymore. You could have knocked me over with a feather!

Amy said...

Congrats on your new machine. I would love to see your review of the machine after you have had a chance to play with it.

Amanda Elizabeth said...

TRACEY!!! I'm so so so excited for you & your new machine! And that Debbie, what a sweetheart! Now you have to get a tuto bag for it so you can bring it to come sew with me!!!! :)

Elsa said...

what a lovely Mom you have to buy you a sewing machine. that's love!

lissa said...

Congratulations! You are one person that will put that new machine to good use.

Amanda Jean said...

congrats on your new machine! i wish you many many hours of smooth quilting on your new baby. :)

Manda said...

ooo yay! Happy quilting times ahead then :)

SheilaC said...

Congrats on you wonderful new machine! Happy sewing!

SheilaC

Bradie Sparrow said...

SQUEEEEL!! Oh lucky girl! Enjoy, you deserve it. :)

♥Duff said...

OH how exciting! And it couldn't have happened to a nicer gal!!

Wow, now you'll really be cranking out the quilts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails