Friday, November 12, 2010

pillow talk swap progress

Pin It I'm trying to get this finished well ahead of the Dec. 15 deadline (because I have a million Christmas gifts to make.)

Got the top pieced!

PTS 4 progress

I've asked my partner if (s)he would prefer a hexagon shaped pillow, or for me to square it up.  I can't decide which I'd like to do more.

This was my starting stack of fabric.

PTS 4 fabric/design audition

I used a design idea from Material Obsession 2, ordered the template from here, and got busy.

It was my first time doing set-in seams, and they went really well thankfully.

You can kind of see in this picture, each of the sixty degree triangles are make up of thirds.  Then it's just about rearranging (I think I rearranged for over an hour, and have a nice stack of those little pieces cut in a spare box... waiting for me)

pillow talk lay-out ideas

I do think it's funny that both my pillow talks so far have been in the orange and grey color scheme... I think it's quite popular these days.

Oh, and in case my partner doesn't respond -- what say you all?  Keep it a hexie, or square it up?

22 comments:

Karen said...

Tracey, these are absolutely gorgeous! Great work!

Karen

Manda said...

wow thats amazing! I like it as a hexie... just to be different :)

Amy Friend said...

I think it is beautiful and I agree, keep the shape!

Dana Gaffney said...

I like the shape just the way it is.

ktquilts said...

It would be a shame to cut it!!!

Kelly said...

It's so awesome like that! Unless your partner prefers a square, I'd leave it!

jabeybaby said...

So cute and I like it as a hexie, makes it unique!

Sarah Craig said...

Keep it hexie, and box it - it would look fab!!

KarrieLyne said...

Hexie!! Keep it a hexie!!! Only your partner may have to make a pillow insert for it, but I'd totally not mind doing that.! **wink wink** :D

Amanda ~ A Crafty Fox said...

This pillow is amazing! I LOVE the feel of it! I feel like an outsider, but I would build it out to a square, if'n it were for me (it is for me, right?!) Squares fit better on my furniture (although my pillows all end up on the floor...

AllieKatMom said...

I think it looks great as a hexi pillow. It would be real cute if you found a cute button or a fabric covered button for the middle. You know how some of those round pillows are like that.....just an idea

Janet said...

Hexie for me. Love it. :)

Arantxa said...

I think you must keep it hexie, cause everyone have the other shape, don't you think? hexie it's more original. kisses.

Melissa Corry said...

I love it hexie!! It is beautiful!!

Nicole Morris said...

Hexie for sure!

Regina said...

Wow that looks hard! You did a great job! I think it would be so unique left as a hexie. Your partner is sure to love it!

Sara said...

HEXIE,hexie looks adorable!

Diane said...

Thats amazing, and, I have a serious case of fabric envy... I want that Farmdale soooooo bad. I am hoping that fabric.com will get it back in stock.

Ali said...

Keep it a hexie!

Donna S. said...

I think I would keep it as is. More unique than squaring it up.

Poppyprint said...

You're a swapper's dream partner. Gorgeous pillow!! I would like it square, but mostly to get my eyes on more of that delicious fabric (you know, it's the science in me, can't help it).

Mama Pea said...

Hexie. Definitely. I really like it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails