Friday, October 8, 2010

Chubby Stars quilt along -- Step 6 -- Finish those X blocks!

Pin It Alert -- there was a mistake on last week's post.  The snowball blocks need 2 7/8" squares in the corners.  I hope I didn't screw anyone up too bad.  (Thanks Katie for the heads up)

I don't know why I was thinking 3 7/8" ???  As I was cutting them, I was thinking, "These look wrong."

I figured it out, but didn't realize I had also typed the wrong number in.  *sorry*

Good news is -- I actually made my snowball blocks!  I haven't trimmed all of them yet, because I wanted to use the remaining minutes of S' nap-time sewing on to my top.

I made progress!  Look!  (About 1/5 done)

Chubby stars progress


I LOVE this quilt too much.  So much work, but so beautiful.

For this week -- finish your X blocks.  The snowballs go together quickly, so we need to get back to those chains. :)

And I want to make a word about sewing your rows together (it's hard not to).

If you hold your fingernail on one side of the star point intersection, about 1/4" of the way in, it helps to see where to line it up.  When I sew my rows together, I worry about intersections, and not so much edges.  I'm really happy with how it is turning out!

Good luck!

I'll be back with more Go! cutter die reviews either today or tomorrow, and then giveaway after that! (Sunday I believe)

12 comments:

Sara said...

progress--isn't it a good feeling! The blues with the tan are heavenly!

Anonymous said...

It looks awesome!! I love the prints in your snowball blocks!!

Ellen said...

This is so lovely! I usually don't care for snowball blocks, but your fabric choices are so pretty that I hardly noticed what the blocks were since I was oohing and aahing over the fabrics. Love it, love it, love it!

Regina said...

Looking good! I have maybe 5 or 6 snowballs left to make and I'm really behind on the chains. The ones that are made are a bit wonky but I'm going to live with them as is. I have to remind myself that I'm still a newbie.

Hoping to take some pics and post them tomorrow of what I have so far.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

I love how your quilt is looking. As far as mine - next week - I promise.

Meghan said...

Thanks again for such a wonderful quilt pattern. I so enjoyed making the snowball blocks this week. The chains are wonderful when finished, but have made me question my sanity several times! I love all of your focal prints.
Meghan

Sarah Craig said...

Your quilt is coming along beautifully, Tracey! I love it!

Katie B said...

Looking beautiful, Tracey!

Poppyprint said...

It looks INCREDIBLE!!!! Isn't it fun to work on a project that you love so much!!

Lynette said...

Tracey - I LOVE this quilt. The colors are beautiful. When matt's mom was here a couple weeks ago we went to honey run (she's a quilter who now reads your blog :). She asked me, "what are your favorite color combos?" I couldn't answer because I loved everything. But this just might take the cake. At least until I see your next amazing creation!

Diane said...

Looks awesome! Glad I am behind becuase now I benefit from the correction :) I mamaged to cut some things wrong all on my own already

Regina said...

So...um...I only made 2 chain blocks this week.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails