Friday, October 1, 2010

Chubby Stars quilt along -- Step 5 -- snowballs

Pin It So... I didn't have anything new last week, and I still am not caught up.

Wanna know how many chain blocks I did?

5.

Chubby stars chain blocks

Added to the one I made last week, and the 5 I made for my sample... I'm up to a whopping eleven.  Eleven is a little over 1/5 of what I need for my entire Cal-King quilt top.  Ai-ya!  Those blocks take forever!  I like 'em... but I need some (much faster to make) snowball blocks. :)

getting started

For review:

Snowball blocks -

one 8.5" focal print
four 2 7/8" contrast star print.

Sew diagonally corner to corner.

snowball

Trim... Press.

snowball trim

Make half your required blocks.

3 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Had to put the Chubby Stars to the side for awhile - hope to get back to them next week!

Regina said...

I've still been in a funk this week. I did that one quilt top and that's it. Haven't even glanced at my machine. Hoping a burst of energy comes over me.

Shawn said...

Oooooooooooooo Kay lol. We went on vacation and I still getting caught up from that. Even so I still don't think I'm too far behind, I will get to work on some snowballs soon!I'm pretty sure I have all my x blocks done.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails