Monday, April 22, 2013

Union Jack quilt for Ty (finished quilt and free block pattern)

Pin It
I got the quilt for this little guy done last week, and mailed it Wednesday morning.  It arrived Saturday, just in time for his birthday on Sunday!  *phew!*

Union Jack quilt

Previous posts on this quilt here, and here.
Tutorial for similar quilt here (quilt size is different).
Free Union Jack block pattern in my Craftsy shop here.

This was a custom order for a little guy who is just a few days younger than Steiger.  His mama is British, and wanted a Union Jack theme.  We picked out some fabrics with an Anglophilic flair, and she said she wanted his name, and that flag in there.

I could not find a pattern I liked, so I made one.  I think it really looks great in there too!

Union Jack quilt

I re-sized my Bricks in Bloom quilt so it was a nice twin size, this was (64" x 88").

Rachel posted this picture of the quilt on the bed (by the way - I didn't make the sham), and I was so glad it fit so well!

Union Jack quilt

She says he loved it too. ♥

I free motioned the quilt all over, except in the flag part.

Union Jack quilt

For the backing, it's mostly a cute plaid print. 

Union Jack quilt

Hooray for another quilt finished!

Union Jack quilt

_____________________________

My friend Lindsey just emailed me this picture!  I LOVE the fabrics she used!  (and am happy that the pattern works!) ;)


11 comments:

StasaLynn said...

Beautiful!

Katy Cameron said...

It looks great, love the fabric mix

Cille said...

Perfect quilt. I love the mix of the background and the falg. Great composition :)

Angela Nash said...

SUPER awesome! Love the scrappy piecing with the flag.

Sarah said...

Gorgeous quilt! I love the colours, the mix of fabrics and the Union Jack is perfect. Great finish!

Heidi Grohs said...

So perfect!!!!

Cat said...

LOVE this so so so so much especially since I'm a huge anglophile

UKMUMINUSA said...

Thank you so much for a fantastic free pattern. I used it to make a quilt, which you can read all about on my blog
http://cupofteaandasliceofcake.blogspot.com/2013/09/english-country-garden-and-giveaway.html
Thank you

British American said...

I absolutely love this quilt. I'm a British expat. I downloaded the Union Jack block pattern. Maybe one day I will attempt to make a version for myself. I love all the British fabric you used.

Heather Allynn said...

Hello. Well done. I am using this as inspiration for a quilt. The quilt will honor British citizenship ceremony. Can you tell me how many fat quarters she used for the quilt top?

Rhonda Kaufmann said...

The flag pattern link now seems to be broken. What size does the flag finish at?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails