Wednesday, September 19, 2012

WIP Wednesday - Rather Random Round-up

Pin It
I'm telling you, we really need a second computer at our house... that way, I wouldn't have to throw all these random things in to one blog post... but here it is.  My WIPs. :)  (and I think I finished something too).

I figured -- the start of one quilt along, deserves the finish of another.

Chubby Stars

SO CLOSE AM I!!!
And I will post the measurements for how to do the little inset border piecing muy pronto.  Email me if you want to make the quilt and I haven't got around to them yet. :)

I am kind of wanting to sell this quilt because I want to go visit some quilty friends early next year, BUT I don't know that I'll be able to part with it, even if I don't have a clearly defined purpose.  I'd say it would be lovely draping the couch, but if you knew my farmer of a hubby, you'd agree with me that a cream colored background could be a dangerous thing (I have a three year old and baby too).

Speaking of the baby... she's almost 1!

I'm working on some little gifts for her.

little dollie blankie

I have this pattern that I'm working on so she'll have a little cozy baby doll.  Of course the cozy baby needed a patchwork blankie. :)  In very girly fabrics. (Speaking of -- does any one know the name of the fabric that is like minky, but with a very short nap -- like a really short fuzzy fabric?)

I'm also making her a birthday dress that will double as a Halloween costume.

Birthday dress

I'm using the Family Reunion pattern by Oliver & S, and do you see where I'm going with those tights?
I happened to have two different red polka dot fabrics, so I'm making this dress twice (at the same time), and I'm going to sell the other one as a Halloween costume (because it's the same size, she really doesn't need two, and I'm thinking a little Strawberry Shortcake costume might be a hot commodity this month).

We'll be scheduling her one year birthday photos soon.  I'm so excited I could arrange another trade for photos!  I am working on a little photo backdrop, as well as these little banners (which are actually finished). If you're a quilter who, like me, spends most your disposable income on fabric, but would still like some wonderful family or baby photos -- talk to local photographers about a trade.  Both of us have been really happy with this arrangement!

Here's the girly banner (made to match the quilt I sent)
little girl banner

And the boy banner.  (to match this quilt)

little boy banner

If you look up in the corner of that banner, you'll see a really big, special quilt I'm working on.  I have loved Laura Gunn fabrics for a long time, and have a bit of a ridiculous stash of them... and this quilt, made with her new Cosmos line to be released soon, will be going with Laura to Quilt Market.  *sigh*  If only I were joining it... This is so ridiculously exciting for me.  It also brings me one step closer to my goal of having my own booth at Market one day... (maybe even this Spring in Portland!)

Laura Gunn Cosmos

So thank you Laura!  The fabric, and quilt, are looking beautiful! (and thank you to my dear friend Angela for passing along my name... ♥)

So is that enough random for one post?

I'll be linking to Lee's!  WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Treasure Boxes cutting instructions coming tomorrow or Friday!  Get your fabric, and get in the group! :)

13 comments:

Katy Cameron said...

Lol, you're right, that was quite random, but a great selection of makes!

Svetlana said...

Such wonderful projects! looking forward to seeing your Laura Gunn quilt.

Alyce @ Blossom Heart Quilts said...

Are you meaning flannel?? Soft and fuzzily fluffy with very short nap??

Angela said...

sweet girl. you are more than welcome. I can't wait to see a Strawberry Shortcake Scarlet!

Cathy said...

Love laura gunn! And what a lucky wee birthday girl!

Cherie said...

I know it would be difficult to sell that quilt, but think of all the fun and memories it would bring ;-) Can't wait to see your Laura Gunn Quilt!

Lindsey said...

Lookin good! And I keep forgetting to tell you, I like your use of hammers to hold up your quilts ;)
All of Scarlet's stuff is so cute! I can't wait to see the dresses.
And I've got my fabrics all picked out for treasure boxes so I am eagerly awaiting further instruction. =)

Lindsey said...

Lookin good! And I keep forgetting to tell you, I like your use of hammers to hold up your quilts ;)
All of Scarlet's stuff is so cute! I can't wait to see the dresses.
And I've got my fabrics all picked out for treasure boxes so I am eagerly awaiting further instruction. =)

Teresa F. said...

Wow! So many wonderful projects you have been working on. Well done!

Cille said...

Little Scarlett almost a year old already. Awww...Time really flies!
She is going to be one well dressed birthday girl though :)

Love your other projects too. But then I always seem to do, right *LOL*

Kelly O. said...

are you talking about velour?

Little Miss Shabby said...

So exciting about your Laura Gunn quilt Tracey!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see what you do with it. I sent the rest of the fabric today.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails