Saturday, September 10, 2011

And baby... if you're a boy...

Pin It ...then this will be your quilt.

"If it's a boy" quilt

I made it with sweet little puppy dogs, and colors that I thought were as handsome as you will be.  And I threw in lots of contrast... so you'll move your little eyes over all the different pieces.

"If it's a boy" quilt

The fabric is as soft as you'll be.

"If it's a boy" quilt

Even on the back.

"If it's a boy" quilt back

Your big brother is getting excited to meet you.  Last night he was carrying his teddy bears around, telling me that he was holding his baby brother or sister, and laying them down gently, and setting them next to him to watch Finding Nemo.  (Though he is rather convinced you're a girl.)

"If it's a boy" quilt

Truth is baby, we're all exited to meet you.  
We're doing all we can to give you a happy entry in to the world.
Even if I can't believe how soon it is going to be.

------------------------

Specs for my bloggy friends - 

The colors were inspired by Aneela's puppy dog Pips.

little baby boy fabrics

Pattern is a modified Bento -- measurements courtesy of Kelly... (she lists them here)
The border is a gorgeous Slatey blue Cross Weave from Moda.  
Quilted in an all over stipple/meander, and bound with some French General wovens.


"If it's a boy" quilt

25 comments:

Manda said...

Fantastic little boy quilt! And I love that last picture! :)

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

It looks gorgeous! Good decision to go with the bento! Meant to ask on your last post - do you have a tutorial you used for this?

Cherie said...

Such a sweet post :) I'm so excited for you to meet Sweet Little Baby ____!

felicity said...

Aw this post made me tear up. Lovely quilt and even lovelier sentiments here, Tracey..

Luv 2 Kreate said...

Awe, this post made me cry! Very sweet :)

Jenny said...

man, i seriously love this quilt. do you plan to keep it even if your baby is a girl? its fantastic!

Jules said...

beautiful quilt, i love the picture with your sons head poking over the top!. adorable.

Jessica said...

So. cute. I loved your "if you're a girl" post too. :)

Cille said...

Wonderful quilt again again....

SD and EJ said...

I've never loved this pattern, but yours is gorgeous (am I allowed to say that about a boy quilt?)! Now I want to make one. What a lucky baby!

Dana Gaffney said...

It's wonderful! Love the picture of Steiger peeking over the top. He's getting so tall. LOL.

Jan Maree said...

Vey cute quilt - great photos and very sweet about your son and his teddy - major AWW factor!

Karen said...

Tracey, you've outdone yourself!!! This is a great quilt for the baby boy or ? girl? I'm getting excited too!

Steiger looks like he's gotten much taller in the one pic! I like how he has been babying a teddy bear....so sweet!

How much longer do we all have to wait?

Take care,
Karen

sandra said...

Love the little boy quilt (only a quilter would make two quilts). He will love the colors. Good luck in the coming weeks will be waiting for news.

Rebecca said...

Boy or girl that baby will have a lovely quilt and a super big brother.

Pinky said...

I love the picture with the little head popping over the top! Gorgeous!! :)

Little Bluebell (Adrianne) said...

I lurve it!!! The color combo you chose is so good! Now you have a girl quilt and a boy quilt. Come on baby!!!

Katie B said...

Beautiful job, Tracey! I love your photos. How many weeks do you have left?

Anonymous said...

TRACEY!!!! I love this so so so so much! And your post is so fantastic!!!! <3<3<3 I can't wait to see this the next time I see YOU!!!!

Sarah Craig said...

Beautiful quilt, Tracey! I know you are getting so excited!!

Lee said...

What a beautiful quilt! Hope you're feeling okay, mama!

Unknown said...

I love all the pictures, especially the one with the young man holding up the quilt...love his legs and feet! lol.... My son is loving that quilt also!!!! GORGEOUS!

hugz
Pam ... going to need at least one of these!!!! grin...

Chris said...

love the colors and prints - pretty!

Ashley said...

Tracey i adore all your quilts and can't wait to see if it is a boy or a girl! Check out my blog post from today...you have been given an award!http://thereisnoplacelikehomemade.blogspot.com/2011/09/award-me-insert-blushing.html

Vesuviusmama said...

That photo with Steiger's face over the quilt that he is obviously not the one holding it up is hilarious! Lovely quilt!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails