She is sixteen months old today.
And we spent our morning at the doctor to make sure she didn't have an ear infection. I was relieved that her two week grumpiness has just been a cold and the fact that she has cut 6 teeth in the last two weeks, with two more swelling up her little gums. (yes... poor baby/poor mama).
BUT -- last month, when she turned 15 months old, I was remembering when I talked about her brother at the same age, so Scarlet baby, this post is for you...
- You dance. You shake your arms, pump your fists in the air, and try to shake your booty. You (and your brother) both love Gangman Style. :)
- You snuggle in so cozy when it's nap time and bed time. It has been mama's favorite time of the day the last couple weeks, and reminds me of what a sweetie you are. You fell asleep on my chest this morning while I was trying to keep you quiet so Daddy could have a few more minutes of sleep.
- You go crazy for bananas. I have to hide them, or you'll see them on the counter and throw a fit if I don't give you one. Even if you've already had two for the day. You're trying to say "nana."
- You are SO in to books lately as well. You grab them, bring them over, and plop yourself on one of our laps.
- You suck your thumb and hold a blankie when you're tired. Your grandma tells me that your mama did the same thing. ;)
- You do a "boo boo lip" and "shaky face" on command.
- If I shower when you're awake, you like to open, and slam the door. You crack up when I say "whoa!"
- Your best word is "uh oh." You say "mama," "Daddy," and try to say "Elli," and I think you try to say "Steiger."
- Your hair is so wispy. And blonde. I'm still surprised by how blonde you are!
- You love Elli. She is so good at putting up with you when you "pet" her, or pull her tail, or take over her bed.
- You can be quite animated, and walk around saying "whoa whoa whoa whoa."
- You understand A LOT. I can give you directions, and you follow them (unless you're in one of your diva moods.) But normally, you love to help. I often can't keep up with all your helping and trying to figure things out, and I'll find you doing something like this on your own. You've been known to put dirty silverware away, or fill the washing machine with a new load. :)
- You are a mama's girl. You still love to be worn, and you scream at anyone who you perceive as coming between us. Even your Papa.
- You're pretty good with a light saber (aka swiffer handle). Steiger calls you his Padawan.
- You're tall for your age (97% a couple months ago!). You did not get this from me.
- You like to put on your brother's shoes or slippers and wander around the house proudly.
- You've discovered babies.
- You think burping and tooting is hilarious, and try to imitate the sound. And then laugh.
- You learned to say "please," this week.
- You are enthusiastic. And it shows.
Scarlet, you make all of us smile. Every day. And as Steiger would say, "We love you more than you know." Your fresh little face, and sassy little steps, and tender little needs, and tenacious little spirit, and joyful little heart sure make me blessed to be your mama. ♥