(SHARON - DON'T READ!)
I'm posting this early, because I can never seem to get my act together ON Wednesday to post (at least, not as often as I'd like).
Here we go -
Biggest project right now is my niece Molly's big girl bed quilt. I showed a little preview before, and I apologize for the poor lighting for these (it was too late in the day), but here is the completed quilt top.
I made it for a double bed, and the plan was to have the blocks sit on the bed top, with the white frame on the edge, and border for the drop. Trouble is -- it's a high drop, and I added a couple inches all around to account for shrinkage (I never pre-wash)... this quilt top currently measures 89" x 106" !! I lost my JoAnn's coupon which I need to pick up batting, but I'm got a plan for the backing in place, and a coupon ready for the 10th. This needs to be done by the 15th (and I'll be seeing the midnight Harry Potter, so really, it has to be done on the 14th).
After completing this top, I needed something more size manageable.
I pulled out my "If it's a girl quilt top,"
Pieced the backing, and got the quilting done yesterday and this morning (I was declaring my independence from big quilts)...
Here's a little preview of the quilting... I just need to pick out my binding fabric.
Others in progress -
- Triangle "Hospital" quilt (piecing)
- "If it's a boy" quilt for baby and coordinating one for Steiger (piecing blocks)
- Pickledish (6 of 20 blocks done - hoping to make it King-sized)
- Chubby Stars (1/5 of the top is done; many of the blocks are made - I'm taking this one with me on vacation to work on!)
- French General Schnibbles (needs borders - it's bigger than in that link)
- Nicey Jane squares (needs backing, quilting, and binding)
- Divas quilt (debating whether to make this any bigger)
- Breakfast at Tiffany's Rob Peter (already basted!)
- Christmas quilt (debating a border, and needs backing)
- Boy version of Libby's quilt for Bake Shop
Linking to Lee's WIP Wednesday (as soon as tomorrow comes). :)
I think I've got enough to keep me busy for a while!