Sunday, June 26, 2011

Hi Friends! :)

Pin It A little update, in bullet form, for my friends.


  • I finished a quilt for my cousin's soon to be born baby boy -- Jax
Baby Jax's quilt
  • She loved it, and it goes perfectly with their Red Sox theme.
Baby Jax's quilt
  • I made a little bunting to go with it with the other leftover triangles.
  • My good friend Kelly correctly surmised that I quilted it with vertical lines to give it the pin stripe look of a baseball uniform (and to keep things from getting too complicated). ;)
  • It is my husband's Spray Season (I capitalized it for good reason - the thing deserves its own capital letters).  He leaves by 5 am, and gets home between 9:30 and 10:30 p.m.  He is working ridiculously hard.
  • I tend to lose it a little bit during this time of year, along with swearing off all aspects of country living, so I've been taking naps during the babe's nap-time... thus the quiet blog for the last couple weeks.
  • He'll be done some time in the middle of July; days off only happen if it's windy.
  • I had the most wonderful appointment with my midwife last week.  She specializes in home-births, but because we live so far from the hospital, she will be working as my doula and giving me concurrent care on my VBAC journey.  She (TMI) told me I have a great, roomy pelvis, and I've been glowing ever since.
  • Grandma watched Steiger for that appointment, as well as for my appointment for the two hour glucose test.  Not a fun test, and not the best way to test pregnant women for gestational diabetes in my opinion, but since I am declining major surgery, I am picking my battles, and I did the test.  I passed (*phew*  One less thing to worry about!)
  • My older brother and sister-in-law and nieces are coming in July.  I will get to meet my new niece Libby, and give her her quilt.
  • My SIL has asked me to make my niece Molly her big girl bed quilt.  I'm working on it, and need to finish it up in the next couple weeks!
WIP for my niece
  • The fabric is Riley Blake (Sweet Divinity and Quite Contrary), pattern is Thimble Blossoms Marmalade, and it's taking me quite a while because each petal and piece has to be planned in conjunction with all the pieces around it.  
  • But it's cute. :)
WIP for my niece
  • I got my Goodie Bag Swap bag from Linda!
Goodie bag swap
  • She spoiled me... (bag is Anna Maria's Sidewalk Satchel, and the goodies are just fun!)
model for my goodie bag swap
  • Here's a link to the bag I sent.
  • I drank the Kool-Aid and ordered my book.  
  • I got to have a girlie day with Amanda a couple weeks ago, and hope to have a sew date soon. :)  She's even cuter and more genuine in person than on her blog... we went to two quilt shops, a shoe store, wandered the farmer's market, a cosmetics salon, and a yummy salad place for lunch... oh! and frozen yogurt.  It was a good day. :)
  • I've got an apricot pie in the oven that I am going to photograph before I post this. I hope it looks (and tastes) as good as E's pies. 
apricot pie
  • Re: the bun in the oven -- I'm at 24 1/2 weeks.
just over 24 weeks
  • The belly's feeling big, and making me a little nervous for where it'll be in another three months... but the baby's super wiggly, which always makes me happy. 
With ♥ from farm country!
-Tracey

P.S. The winner from my giveaway forever ago, is The One & Only... I will email you. :)

22 comments:

Karen said...

I can definitely see a change in your tummy! Wiggly is good!

Sounds like you're busy which is good.

Later.

karen

Jessica said...

The baby quilt is so cute! Looking forward to seeing the girly quilt :)

Tanya said...

Busy lady. Cute quilts and bump!

Jan Maree said...

Cute quilts - love the bag and goodies - aren't you lucky but then I loved the bag you made too! Good luck with the spraying season and the bump. So glad you didn't get gestrational diabetes - I did the week before EASTER when I wa pregnant with twins and dreaming of a huge chocolate egg - was so not happy!

Sinta Renee said...

I love your Red Sox baby blanket and banner! Super cute! Thanks for sharing all of your good/positive news! Andy you look great; hope the summer doesn't take it's toile on you. I am not a fan of being pregnant in the summer.

Sarah Craig said...

Such a great update! You look great, Steiger looks great, the quilts are gorgeous, and I love your line about drinking the Koolaid! I'm still trying to resist....

Heidi Grohs said...

The red sox quilt turned out AWESOME. Makes me want to make one for my nephews. They are big fans *sigh*

So glad to see that nice growing belly!

Sara said...

The blocks are beautiful,great goodie bag and cute baby tummy you ARE glowing:)

debbie m said...

You are looking healthy! Awesome for you for going the midwife way. I had my son in a hospital with a practice of 5 docs. The one I went to the practice for specialized in high risk and all natural deliveries. I guess we balanced each other out. I spent 2 days at the hospital and didn't even get an iv or any shots. Swore I'd have my second one at home...just never had a second one. Your TMI comment made me laugh at the memory that my first gyn doctor told me "you were made for making babies, You built just right" I was 19 and very single (in the 70's) and he was a tiny oriental man with the cutest way of speaking english. Still I was not looking to be "making Babies" anytime soon.

How funny, my nephew just named his son (5weeksold) Jaxson. Must be popular right now. Another coincidence I made Jax a Warm Wishes quilt using baseball fabric. Maybe our nephews will be famous baseball players in about 25 years, lol.
Your quilts are so nice...and that pie looks too yummmy!

felicity said...

So happy for you on the VBAC good news. Seriously happy. We had a doula and I cannot tell you how wonderful it was. Your belleh looks awesome and your "drinking the kool-aid" comment let me know EXACTLY what you were up to. :)

The One and Only said...

shut up, I won!! Yippeee...I hope to get your lovely e-mail soon!! And I love the belly!!

pinksuedeshoe said...

You get to eat apricots already! My mom's are still tiny little hard green things. I guess that is the one bummer about utah mountain living. No apricots until the first of August. But apricot pie sounds DELICIOUS!

Anonymous said...

It's been ages since I had apricot pie! I use to use a Butterscotch Peach pie recipe (used brown sugar) and just substitute apricots for peaches. It was soooo good, but for diabetics (sigh).

Pinky said...

You look gorgeous! all happy and glowing :)

Manda said...

Lots going on there then! Great quilts/WIPS! I love naps lol :)

Poppyprint said...

You didn't drink the koolaid!!! Well, I guess when you spend a day with the organizer, it's pretty tough not to!

Sorry you are single parenting these days - that is tough for sure. I'll blow really hard to the south and see if I can get Jay home for a day. I hope you'll have a fun visit with your family and that S enjoys his cousins.

Cute red sox quilt!

I do think we have the same glasses!!!

Jamie said...

You are so adorable Tracey!!!

Dana Gaffney said...

You look great! The quilts are wonderful, I really love the girly one.

Katie B said...

Yay! Thanks for the update, Tracey. You're looking great! Love Jax's quilt. It's awesome. I know he and his family will love it. And Kelly was right about the straight lines! They're perfect.

P.S. Congrats on the roomy pelvis! :)

Meghan said...

Love the new belly picture!!! The quilt is so cute too!!! Yum is it to early for pie here? I hear you on the work hours D leaves at 5:30 and does not get home until about 8:30 I am hoping they will slow down sooner than later!

Needle little Balance said...

Love the fabrics and colors of the baby quilt and the bunting boarders!

Unknown said...

Love the Red Sox quilt! Question, did you come up with that pattern yourself, or do you know where I could purchase a similar pattern? My friend is due this July and I would love to make a quilt like this as they are huge Sox fans!

I don't know if my previous comment made it, so if it did, I apologize for the repeat!

Thank you for any help you can provide. Take care!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails