Saturday, June 4, 2011

Little sunkissed diamonds for miss Libby

Pin It I would like to thank you for the motivation.  I finished my niece Libby's quilt yesterday!

Little diamonds for Libby

Fabric: Sunkissed by Moda

Design: me -- inspired by book Jelly Roll Quilts

A few more notes -- strip pieced diamonds made from jelly roll, added mitered frames to the blocks and then sashed in Bella white.  The setting triangles were a pain challenge, but it did all come together finally.

Little diamonds for Libby

Honestly, I am so much happier with this quilt now than I was.  It didn't feel *perfect* because of the hodge-podgy nature that the setting triangles/sashing were done... but it all worked!  I added the charm squares as a border on the sides, because the quilt was quite tall and skinny without them.

The back:
Libby's diamonds - back

Whatever I had left from my Sunkissed stash (I used pretty much all of it for this quilt).  The label says: "We love you Libby!  Made with love by Aunt Tracey"  And I think I included a date on there.


Measures: pretty big... far bigger than a quilt for an almost four month old need be...so she'll grow in to it.


But I hope this is her reaction when she sees it. :)

Love you Libby!  Can't wait to meet you this summer!


(P.S. Steiger likes it if you don't -- and we really do need to see you soon, because all this kid tells me all day is that "no baby play with Steiger's trains"... "no baby take my milk"... "no baby take Steiger's quilt."  Could you please show him that these baby creatures aren't so bad after all?) ;)

Little diamonds for Libby
P.P.S.  I'm working on a boy version of this block that will be in the Bake Shop one of these days!

Little diamonds for Libby

22 comments:

Trisha said...

Spectacular quilt!! Those setting triangles do look like they would be tricky.

Amy Friend said...

I think it turned out beautifully! She's a lucky baby!

Tanya said...

How. Utterly. Perfect.

Fantastic quilt.

paulette said...

Spectacular quilt for a beautiful baby!!
Well done!
Paulette

Karen said...

Your quilt turned out beautifully! I'm sure little Libby will love it! She is so cute!

Karen

Manda said...

Ooo this is gorgeous! :)

Katie B said...

Gorgeous quilt, Tracey! I love the charm square border. I had forgotten how much I love this line!

P.S. Libby is adorable!!

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

oh it's gorgeous! Can't wait for the bake shop version, I want to make one!

Diane N said...

LOVE it! Can't wait till the boy version is in the bake shop!

Kati said...

I absolutely love how this came out. It's a fabulous quilt!

Kelly said...

I love it girl! You did such a great job! P.S., did you guys cave and found out what you're having?

Cathy said...

Really lovely quilt and I love the baby's hair! She is definitely giving you 2 thumbs up! Can't wait to see this in the bakeshop!

SD and EJ said...

Really pretty and unique!

Tracy said...

Love the diamonds, love the colors....LOVE IT!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Gorgeous creations Julie!
Bake shop you say......sweet!!

Michelle said...

Stunning...absolutely beautiful, love it.

Little Island Quilting said...

I really, really like this quilt!

felicity said...

Absolutely fabulous, Tracey!

Michele said...

I love it! Sunkissed is a beautiful line. So soft and perfect for baby!

pinksuedeshoe said...

Love. Love. LOVE! I can't tell you how excited I am for this tutorial to be done. I absolutely LOVE this! And it might be just the thing to break me out of my very square habit in the quilt department.....

Pinky said...

another gorgeous finish :)

Leanne said...

This turned out so great! I love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails