I should probably set up my sewing machine... but I haven't yet, just my small cutting board, and a little table.
May is my month for VIBees, but, like always, I had trouble deciding what to do for my theme. I had originally thought I was going to do this block...
But I decided that I wanted my Bee friends to still like me at the end... and they might not after all those set-in seams.
So then I pulled this pile of fabric.
I've been collecting Tanya Whelan for quite some time, with it always in the back of my mind to make for a little girl I might have one day. But it didn't seem quite right for my "petals" theme.
I went with a pink, fuschia, chartreuse, and aqua palette -- inspired by Jessica's Dresden, this picture from design-seeds, and this gorgeous hot pink peony I picked up at Costco last week.
My bee friends will be getting a stack of charm squares, and a nice big piece of white background.
I was happy with my change, but I still loved the Tanya Whelan fabric. I just think it needs to be half-square triangles (that's what I've always envisioned.) So that's what I'm doing. Lots of cutting, and sewing has commenced on a second "if it's a girl quilt" -- but this one will be made entirely by Mama.
The irony here is that I think we're having boy #2.