Monday, April 25, 2011

A birdie in bliss for miss B

Pin It Finishes are to be celebrated. :)

Bliss diamonds

Steiger headed up to his grandma's Friday night, and I got to sewing.  Back in October, I bought a pile of the Bliss blenders.

bliss blenders

I cut them up, and got a little top done.  I had wanted to try diamonds... so I did.
And then it was just a top gone in to my pile of "to be quilted"

An online friend wanted a custom quilt a while back, but I was swamped (and it wasn't looking any better any time soon).  So I told her about a few tops I had finished that I could quilt up for her.

She liked the Bliss diamonds.

Her daughter's nickname is "Bird," and she asked if I could add a bird to it.

So I did.

little bird detail

She also wanted her nickname on the back -- so I added that too.

back of Bird's bliss quilt

I have to tell you about the back -- it is flannel... and oh so so soft (and oh so pink). :)  (Moda's flannel really is amazing though). 

So happy with how it turned out, and can't wait to see pictures of the little Miss opening it for her second birthday party this weekend! :)

Bliss diamonds

Full tutorial coming soon -- I've already got the pictures for it ready. ;)

Linking to "Sew Modern Monday"

{Sew} Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations

and AmyLouWho's Sew and Tell!




18 comments:

Leila said...

I love it! Great minds must think alike. Check out this quilt I made recently:

http://sewnbyleila.blogspot.com/2011/04/diamond-quilt-tutorial.html

I love the bird and flower too. I recently saw this clip on Hulu and now every time I see a bird on something I think of it.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/210887/portlandia-put-a-bird-on-it

Natalia from Piece N Quilt said...

Love it! :)

Karen said...

Tracey, this quilt is simply gorgeous! The little girl you made it for is certain to love it!

Kelli said...

This is so stinkin cute!
I love EVERYTHING about it!!!
Well done!!!

Unknown said...

Blissfully gorgeous!!!

Katie B said...

So pretty! Looking forward to the tutorial.

pinksuedeshoe said...

The scraps you sent me from this quilt are going into my big girl pink quilt.... just thought you should know. Also, I keep looking at this and thinking of the argyle quilt I sketched out two days ago... looks like you are going to figure out all the angles for me! Can't wait for the tutorial!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for the tutorial! I have a baby quilt that is screaming for this.
Karibou

Megan said...

Love it! Excited for a tute! :) Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday!

Chris {frecklemama} said...

Love it! Great, original shape and applique details. Well done.

Gigi's Thimble said...

So cute!! Good job and congrats on another finish!!

Kristen said...

That bird is perfect. I really liked the small designs from this Bliss line.

Go-Go Kim said...

I never thought about that shape for a quilt!!!!! Really cool :o) The bird is beautiful such a nice touch :o)

Brynn said...

Such a cute quilt! I love all the girly colors and the unique design. Can't wait to see the tutorial for it!

ktquilts said...

Love this quilt!!!

Dayna said...

This nearly took my breath away! It's incredible on many levels!

Melissa said...

Finishes ARE to be celebrated! :o) That is a really fun, and funky quilt. I'm sure the little one will be super excited to have it. Great job!

Vesuviusmama said...

As you can tell, I am catching up on blogsi've been missing lately. I do love this quilt, and the way you've customized it for her.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails