Wednesday, March 3, 2010

WIP Wednesday - quilting has commenced. :)

Pin It I can't show you a lot today, because I still want this quilt to be somewhatuva surprise. :)

But here are some sneak peeks of the quilting.

All I have to say, is it pays to be a little girl in my family.

I'm doing diagonal lines at a 60 degree angle.
I ordered some of these,
and I'm hand-quilting the applique section.

I am so proud of this quilt.

In other quilty news -

- I promised Jay that when I finish this quilt, I won't start any more until I make curtains, for which I already have (expensive) fabric.

- There's a craft/sewing expo in Sacramento at the end of the month; anyone want to join me?

- I have figured out that I need to take my binding with me in the car. That way, when Steiger falls asleep on the way home from swimming lessons, I can let him sleep and get almost an hour of sewing in. This is how I will get to hand-sewing my binding.

- I bought 12 yards of batting (warm & white) this weekend. I really need to get those curtains done!

- I finished the baby quilt for the little guy arriving today or any day soon. It has been sent to its new home.


Natalia said...

Tracey, the applique on that quilt is darling! I love what you are doing and can't wait to see the finished quilt!

elisa024 said...

The quilts are amazing Tracey! I love the applique, you are so talented. Adrian is so happy to have some of your work too :D We'll cherish it forever.

PS, I want to see pictures of Steiger's swim lessons! Awesome! I wish they had something like that over here


Related Posts with Thumbnails