It is huge reason to celebrate... because even though it's only a month, it's a month that the hubs' alarm goes off at 4 am, and he doesn't get home until 8, 9, or even 10 at night! Every day! I'm so proud of him, but am VERY GLAD they only have a couple more fields to get, and that he spent the last couple days at home with us. I really do love that guy...
BUT - why I'm here. It's time to report July's "Just Three."
If you're new, here's how it works --
1) Pick three quilty-type goals for the month. OF COURSE you can do more than three things, and there is no gestapo to come check in on you if you decide to alter your course, it's really just meant to be fun, and maybe give a little direction/report.
2) Blog about it! Reflect and report on the previous month, and then set course with what's coming.
3) Come link up during the first week of the month. :)
This month -- if you link up, you'll be entered to win this custom charm bundle, of 50 charm squares, lovingly cut from my stash, and used in my "Glassy" quilt (that will one day be going in Scarlet's nursery that is very much still in progress).
(If you don't have a blog, leave a comment telling your three goals -- if you do have a blog, link up!)
So here's my report:
Last month's goals were:
1) Quilt those three quilts I basted. (I am tempted to leave my goal at this honestly... but I will go on).
- I got the baby triangles partly quilted, the Sophie Chenille finished, and the baby Hunky Dory finished!
2) Make window coverings for my baby's new rooms (I'm thinking ruffles for Scarlet, and colorblock for Steiger).
I ordered the fabric for Steiger's, and decided on patchwork for Scarlet's. I got all the panels pieced, and one of them lined (still need to hem). I really like them, and they make a great photo backdrop for my little cupie doll as well. :)
3) Work on, or don't work on whatever best helps my sanity. This is our busiest month of the year -- even busier than planting -- and if I get through without a complete meltdown, I will be proud proud proud. I'm a Mom first... and will be working to show my babes how much I adore them. (And make sure my husband is fed... but I won't really be seeing much of him, so I'll adore him next month). ;)
I did all right on this one... I worked on some fun projects, and sent the boy to his Grandma's when I started to feel like I was losing it. And now we're almost done! I can see the end! (and want a vacation). ;)
1) Get Penny Candy done!
It's absurd how long this is taking... but with the time of the year it is, and my previous goal #3 above there in place well... it just hasn't been at the top of the priority list. My favorite quilter also just had a baby, but I don't know if I want to quilt it myself... it's kind of big! Those are my excuses, but NO MORE I say! Time to finish!
2) Finish curtains for kiddos' rooms, and a couple other pretty little projects. I'm trying to choose prints... Steiger is easy, but Scarlet's a little trickier. I'm having trouble deciding.
|(Links are, clockwise from left- Meant to Be, LOVE, cherry tree flowers, Believed, and Peony)|
Like my Glassy quilt, or Pickledish, or the new design I've been working on...
OK -- Link up, and enter to win that charm pack! I'll pick a winner after the linky party closes in a week. :)
I'm linking to Lee's!