Friday, August 19, 2011

Miss Molly's Petals quilt

Pin It Other than cooking a baby -- this was a big project for me this summer.

My niece Molly was moving in to her big girl bed, and my brother and sister-in-law hired me to make her quilt.

It is a double size, but has a long drop, so the quilt ended up measuring queen size in the end, and was definitely the biggest quilt I've ever done myself.

Molly's finished quilt

So big, in fact, it was hard to get a good picture.

The fabrics are all from Riley Blake (Sweet Divinity and Quite Contrary), so I decided to enter it in to the Riley Blake contest... (I wasn't chosen as a finalist, but my friend Amanda was... so vote for her!)


The pattern is Camille's Marmalade.

I resized things a bit so that it would fit her bed perfectly.  

And it does. 

mollys quilt_edited-1

full mollys quilt_edited-1

Because my sister-in-law wanted a scrappy look (rather than using a consistent solid like in the original pattern), each piece had to be carefully planned in conjunction with all the others.

WIP for my niece

I quilted it at my friend Amanda's house (she has a sit-down long arm) with an all over loopy design.

I am so happy to say that they love it.  ♥

DSC_1229




13 comments:

Katie B said...

This is a gorgeous quilt, Tracey! It looks so pretty on Miss Molly's bed!

(I don't think voting for the Riley Blake contest is open yet, so you'll have to remind us!)

KristyLou said...

Wow, that turned out really neat! Great job.

Sara said...

Don't you adore all of Camille's patterns!! You did a fantastic job switching all the colors from solids to prints and resizing. That can be the aggrivating part at times:/

Lynda said...

The quilt is soooo cute! I can tell by Miss Molly's smile that she loves it too.

Rebecca said...

It's gorgeous! The top ten should be announced later today and then voting will open. Good luck!

Library Gal Quilts said...

Wow! That little Molly is growing up! I remember your Moda Bake Shop quilt with her name not that long ago!! Hope you are well!

Anonymous said...

o m g! It matches her room so so so so well!!! The pillow is so freaking cute (and her happy face!)!!! The fair is next weekend! Want to make a date with our families?! Or can I come by and bring you lunch one day next week????

Sarah Craig said...

Beautiful quilt, Tracey! And such a cutie on it!!

Kristen said...

Gorgeous quilt! It fits the bed perfect and I love the solid flowers accent!

Natasha said...

What a great job you did! It is beautiful.

Theresa said...

Wow! What a lucky girl to have such a treasure! It's divine and sooooo girly!

Cat said...

This is so stunning Tracey simply stunning
You know I am in awe of you quilting your own .. .. ..

Katrina said...

That is beautiful! I want one just like it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails