Sunday, February 14, 2010

The year of why not.

Pin It I've been thinking about resolutions since before the new year, and I think I finally picked mine.

"Why not?"

I think it suits me. It's positive and optimistic, but also not too overly zealous or committal. It isn't too scary for the part of me that over-thinks, and finds decision making (at times) excruciating.

I'm not sure exactly how this will play out in my real life, but I have a few ideas.

It was helpful today:

"I should get on the elliptical and exercise..."
(inner voice response: "why not?"...
we won't get in to the fact that I could have probably come up with many reasons at that point, but I didn't.)

So I did.

I should quilt that little top I started long ago. I should do a flower design.
Hmmmm... why not?

So I did.

I should cut all the pieces so I can finally finish my Rouenneries quilt.
OK. Why not?

So I did (finished pictures coming tomorrow I hope).

I should get all the laundry folded and put away.

See... here's where things got tricky. But there's always tomorrow. :)


2 comments:

Katie B said...

Good for you! That's a great attitude. I can't wait to see the Rouenneries finished.

P.S. I'm with you on the laundry. I have no problem washing it. But the folding and putting away seems like an impossible task!

Jenn said...

haha. I love the laundry comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails