Thursday, August 16, 2012

triangles, triangles.

Pin It
I feel like I say "finally!" a lot around here. :)

I had the top finished over a year ago... oops.

Since we didn't peek at little miss Scarlet's gender while she was baking, I had made a gender neutral quilt that I intended to take with us to the hospital (I had this dream of greeting baby #2 with skin, and then a homemade quilt -- but labor came on and progressed so quickly that there wasn't even a camera in the room with us when she was born, let alone a quilt). ;)

baby triangles

To make this quilt, I cut sixty degree triangles from 4 1/2" strips using this stack of fabric.  My friend Lindsey made the original inspiration quilt for me, and I also loved Adrianne's little baby mish mash quilt.

And I really do think it works for either a baby boy or girl... which is saying a lot, because generally, I'm not impressed by gender neutral attempts, and think they look either boy or girl.

For the back, I used a big chunk of Tula Pink's Turtle Bay print from Prince Charming in the aqua color.  I had originally intended to use the cream one, but couldn't bring myself to part with it once I decided I would probably be trying to sell this quilt.  I finished off the side with the pastry stripe in the little folks voile.

back of baby triangles

I love that Turtle Bay print, and love how the voile looks next to it.

baby triangles

It's quilted with straight lines, 1/4" ish away from the vertical seams in both directions.

baby triangles


I had started to do the binding in the "saffron" voile, but changed my mind, and decided it needed to be cream instead.  I think they look beautiful together.

baby triangles

I absolutely love this quilt, and think it turned out so beautifully, but because I have too many new fabric collections I'm eyeing, and because Scarlet's room is going ultra-girley, I've listed this quilt for sale.  If you know someone looking for a gender neutral quilt, you can send 'em my way. :)



17 comments:

blueberrymoon said...

I gotta say , It makes me want to go cut triangles. It is really a sweet quilt.

CassiB said...

Love it!

Angela said...

so pretty Tracey! I love the back almost as much as the front. Great fabric choices.

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous quilt! Love it!

Katy Cameron said...

Oh it's gorgeous, and love the Tula backing!

Svetlana said...

so, so pretty! Love everything about this quilt.Now I want to work with triangles again.

Karen said...

What a gorgeous quilt, Tracey! I'm sure it will sell quickly at your online shop.

Karen

alidiza said...

Beautiful!!! A very lucky baby will get to enjoy this quilt:-)

Katie B said...

Gorgeous, Tracey!

Kristie said...

Just love it! Nicely done, Tracey :)

Dana Gaffney said...

I've never wanted to make a triangle quilt, but I love yours and now I'm rethinking, it's really beautiful.

Natalia from Piece N Quilt said...

Very cute quilt Tracey! It makes me want to make a triangle quilt! :)

pinksuedeshoe said...

I have loved this quilt since you very first started making it! I love the colors, the fabrics, the triangles and the backing. It's just so pretty Tracey, so so pretty! I'm sure it will go to a good home :)

Jenniffier said...

Very lovely finish.

felicity said...

Really gorgeous, Tracey!

Carla said...

This is darling. I must do another triangle quilt ; )

Kim said...

Enjoy the pink while you can - my daughter, Anna, is seven now and won't wear pink at all. Makes me sad, but they have their own minds from very early on!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails