I finally sewed on the sashing last night.
Now I'm trying to decide whether or not:
- to quilt it myself, or take it to a long-arm
- to use batting with my minky backing
- to use a dark or light thread
- to use the same design edge to edge, or change it up within the blocks
- to pebble, stipple, straight line or something else...
So many decisions left to be made.
But I like it. :)
And I think he does too.
Here are some closer up shots.
For inquiring minds, most of the fabric is from Robert Kaufman's Forest Fun, with a few Animal Party and random tonal solids. Sashing is Kona Cotton in Chocolate Brown. I modified this pattern (Box Step) for the design.