This was one very fun quilt to make.
Measures: 32" x 37"
Made from Jenn Ski's Aldo to Zippy, some Riley Blake Wheels, and Kona solids.
Requested by an online friend for her bestie's new little boy about to be born.
- I was inspired by this quilt, but couldn't resist incorporating the solids too.
- The inner border is 2 1/2" (unfinished)
- The outer pieces were cut 5" x whatever I felt like
- I made the little elephant by tracing the outline of the elephant on the panel that comes with this collection, and then transferring him to some kona coal, with ash for the ear. I decided he needed the little pops of color behind him, because they were cute. His tail was done with one of my fancy machine stitches I almost never get to use.
What I love about this quilt:
- Almost everything
- The fact that it took me one nap-time, one after bed, one early morning, and one "here sit next to me and play with my rulers while I sew on the binding" to complete
- The interplay of the solids with the prints
- The bright white, wonderfully crinkly centerpiece
- The cute little elephant (of course)
- The scrappy, solid binding
What I don't love about this quilt:
- The fact that my zig-zag stitch doesn't hold down the appliqué as well as the blanket stitch (I was trying something new!), and I worry something will happen to it!
- The boring back (just a piece of kona slate)
- The fact that the bright white won't be a bright white for too long! (Sorry Everett's mama -- I know white isn't practical for babies, but it looked so good!)
Steiger really doesn't want to let this quilt go... definitely time for Mommy to make him an I-spy quilt. :)
What do you all think?