- If you're here for the Garden Stars and Stripes Memorial Day Auction, go here. (Closes Tuesday)
- If you're here for the Layer cake Giveaway, go here
Fits a 24" pillow form. Made using the template from this pattern, by Amber. Being sent to its new home Tuesday (Mailbox is closed Monday).
What I love about this pillow:
- The interplay of focal prints and negative space.
- The way the coal grounds the corners
- The design shape
- The fact that it represents 7 different fabric collections, plus 3 solids (4 if you count the back)
- The fussy cutting
- That, in my opinion, taking a risk paid off
- The fact that I can't decide which is my favorite block.
What I don't love about this pillow
- A couple of my seams didn't line up.
- In order to make it fit nicely on the 24" pillow form, I had to add extra seam allowance on the outside... which cuts off some of the medallion
That's about all I don't love about this pillow.
Oh, that and the fact that I don't get to keep it. (But I've started on one for my house already).
Oh, here's something else I don't love. I am not very spatially intelligent (some might say I could get lost in my driveway...) and though I got my fussy-cutting in the right spot, and in the right direction... my envelope flap closes from the bottom... Hope my partner doesn't mind. I think the little strip of Hope Valley more than makes up for it.
What do you all think?